Email: Invitations and Requests - Improve Your English Writing Skills


For an invitation:
1. Include one or two pleasantries.
2. Share important details.
3. Share other details after the person accepts.
For a request:
1. Make it clear.
2. Make it toward the begining of the message.
3. Don’t wast words get to the point.
4. Explain your request.

Thanks(thank you) in advance.
I hope I’m not asking too much.
I’m sorry to trouble you with this, but I hope you can help out.

Formal Invitations
We would like to invite you to present at the confoerence.
I would like to extend an invitation to meet with the Board of Directors.
Polite Invitations
Would you be interested in contribting a quest blog post?
Would you like to meet and discuss in person?
Less Formal Invitation

Do you want to get together this weekend ?
if you don’t have any other plans, would you want to meet for lunch?

More Formal Requests

I would like to request premission to use your materials.
May we please embed your post on our website?

Could I contact you by phone?
Could I give your name as a reference?
Less Formal Requests
I need to ask you something.
I wanted to ask youe opinion.
Requesting a Response
Please let me know at you earliest convenience.(formal)
Let me know if you’re interested.(less formal)
Accepting an Invitation
I would like that very much. Thanks you. (formal)
Sounds great. Thanks for the inviation.(less formal)
Count me in. Thanks!(more informal)
Declining an Invitation
We have other obligations, but thank you for the inviation.(formal)
I’m sorry I can’t join you, but thanks for thinking of me.(less formal)
I’m sorry I can’t right now. Maybe some other time?(informal)
Giving Permission
Thant would be fine. Thank you for requesting my permission.(formal)
Sure. That’s fine. Thanks for asking first.(less formal)

Example:
Hello Parents,
The school is looking for volunteers to help in the library. Even a one-hour commitment each month would be appreciated. There are many tasks to be done, such as reshelving books and reading to the children. Please let me know if you are able to help, and I will forward your name to the librarian.

Enjoy your evening!

Kind regards,
Ms. Stiller

留言

這個網誌中的熱門文章

資訊部門KPI範例